Gallery 106 is a Not-for-profit organisation that provides a platform to explore, create and present contemporary art and new forms of expression. We focus on researching and developing collaborative processes inherent to art-making and generating dialogues across: generations, cultures, and the relationship between art and the audience. Studio 106 Art Gallery programmes Live Art, exhibitions, screenings, forums, artists’ talks and workshops.
• Exhibiting work by both young and established artists, Gallery 106 aims to provide a supportive and engaging environment in which to work, while helping to establish links between artists, curators and art institutions.
• The programme of activities offers critical and practical support to artists, whilst providing the audience with an exciting series of events, including exhibitions, screenings, artist talks and Live Art events.
• Our activities have a focus on providing a platform for young and emerging artists at an early stage in their creative development.
• Encouraging and developing artistic talent from within the local community, we provide a resource for young artists that offers advice, support towards the development of creative skills and networking opportunities.
• We encourage investment in talented young people, creating opportunities at an age at which strengthening confidence and establishing support are a crucial part of the future.
• Students involved with the gallery will gain experience by developing their work for exhibitions in a professional gallery environment, as well as working with the gallery's curator, artists and director.
• We also run a series of workshops for artists at all stages in their career. The programme covers various fields, from Life Drawing to Digital Photography.